First Special Service Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you know Staff Sergeant Javis Melvin East

2 posters

Go down

Did you know Staff Sergeant Javis Melvin East Empty Did you know Staff Sergeant Javis Melvin East

Post  James East Stitt Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:39 pm

My Uncle, Javis Melvin (Mo) East was an original member of the FSSF, being one of the first to arrive at Fort Harrison, Helena, Montana. He was like a big brother to me growing up as a kid. The last I remember seeing him was when a troop train stopped in Ogden, Utah, sometime in 1943. I remember my Grandmother's horrifying expression, and total collapse when the Western Union Telegram arrived notifying us that Uncle Melvin had been Killed in Action.

I would appreciate it very much, if there are any of you remaining few members of the FSSF that might have known Uncle Melvin, that you would contact me. I know that he was killed in the Liri Valley, near Monte Cassino .. or La Defensia, Italy 14 January 1944.

I am a retired Special Forces Trooper myself, and have reecently felt the urge to research my Uncle and the FSSF. Any Help would be appreciated.

Jim Stitt
1284 East 2500 North
North Ogden, Utah

jim@cruisenews2.com

James East Stitt

Back to top Go down

Did you know Staff Sergeant Javis Melvin East Empty I will ask

Post  Jaguarforward Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:51 pm

I will ask my wife's grandfather. He has a very good memory still and was in Helena from the beginning.

Jaguarforward

Back to top Go down