First Special Service Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff Sergeant Jesse Whitley, 3-1

2 posters

Go down

Staff Sergeant Jesse Whitley, 3-1 Empty Staff Sergeant Jesse Whitley, 3-1

Post  Jaguarforward Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:01 pm

Hello, my name is Nelson and my wife's grandfather was a member of 3-1. His name is Jesse Whitley from Arkansas. He is 88 now and until he met me, no one in his family knew about his service much less that he was in the FSSF. Perhaps because I am a veteran and still in the military, we made a connection that has made us best friends. I am trying to find anyone out there from this outfit that may know him and would like to talk to him. I am presently trying to get his "Ike jacket" and full set medals to present it to him this Christmas. He has asked for it to me because I believe he thinks his time with us is almost up. I have to get this wish one way or another so if you can point me in the right direction I will greatly appreciate it. I got the shoulder chord and unit patch. Need the jacket, E-6 stripes,service stripes, and victory patch.

Jaguarforward

Back to top Go down

Staff Sergeant Jesse Whitley, 3-1 Empty Re: Staff Sergeant Jesse Whitley, 3-1

Post  gingerbread Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:22 pm

Hi

In my opinion, the best way to find a single jacket and stripes is on Ebay.
An original FSSf jacket is very expensive!!! But a jacket without patches is very cheap.

http://shop.ebay.com/items/__ike-jacket_W0QQ_nkwZikeQ20jacketQ20QQ_cqrZtrueQQ_nkwuscZikreQQ_nkwuscZjacketQQ_trksidZm38Q2el1313

I work on a book about the battle of Port Cros
You can read my post : https://fssf.forumotion.net/looking-for-someone-f4/1st-regiment-and-the-battle-of-port-cros-08-15-1944-t20.htm

Do you have any testimonies from your Wife's grandfather about the battle of Port Cros (one of the Hyeres island in southern france) for the dragoon operation in France (08/15/1944)

Regards
Ben from France
gingerbread
gingerbread

Back to top Go down