First Special Service Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misprint of non-member name in the "Static Line" as member of 1st SSF

Go down

Misprint of non-member name in the "Static Line" as member of 1st SSF Empty Misprint of non-member name in the "Static Line" as member of 1st SSF

Post  wtbrowdersoasfa Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:16 pm

Respected Members,

As a life member of the Special Forces Association (Chapter 4/24), the Special Operations Association (645 GL), the Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Association (L0059) and the 82nd Airborne Division, I need to inform your Association members that my name (Browder, William T.) by error was printed in the "Static Line" issue of July/August 2009 under the state of Colorado as being a member of the Ist Special Service Forces Association instead of the Special Forces Association where it has been listed for years. I know this was not intentional, however with the passing of Don Lassen it will take a while to get all up to speed.

I did not want anyone in your association to think I might be some "wanna be" and I will address this with the Static Line staff next week to see if they can print a clarification in the next issue. However I am sure it will be corrected next year when it comes out again.

At least now all of your honorable members will know "who the heck is this guy" that none of them remember. It is just me and I wish it had not happened, however wishing does not change it for now.

This forum was the only way I found to communicate with your association and it appears to be a great site.

I would also like to ask one of the members of the FSSF when they read this, if they could kindly insure that this message is sent to your President of the FSSF and entered into the associations file. I have looked and not been able to find HQ for your association.

Many Thanks and Regards

William "Bill" T. Browder

Last edited by wtbrowdersoasfa on Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to ask if this information can be sent to the Prsident o the FSSF)

wtbrowdersoasfa

Back to top Go down