First Special Service Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member of FSSF Association

2 posters

Go down

New member of FSSF Association Empty New member of FSSF Association

Post  mcshephe Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:02 pm

I have just discovered this Website and I am grateful. I am especially pleased to see this Italy Tour May 29-June 8 2010. I am sorry that I didn’t know about the tour before I planned our 2010 travels. We have taken a tour of Northern France following the path of my grandfather’s PPCLI action. We would certainly take a FSSF tour. When is the next one?

My father was Gordon R Shepherd, Fc Hq Det, FSSF, from Saskatoon Saskatchewan (am I from Saskatoon, although I lived in Ontario for 40 years). He survived the war but did not come back to our home, consequently although we met once, I did not know him or any of his wartime friends.

I have read:
A Perfect Hell; the True Story of the Black Devils, by John Nadler;
Black Devil Brigade, an Oral History, by Joseph A. Springer;
Snow Plough and the Jupiter Deception, by Kenneth H. Joyce;
The Supercommandos, First Special Service Force, 1942-1944, an Illustrated History, Robert Todd Ross
The First Special Service Force, a Canadian American Wartime Alliance: the Devil’s Brigade, by Robert D. Burhans I started and have not finished.

I was also pleased to hear of the reunion in Helena and will attempt to rearrange our travel plans to be there. Do know anything about the reunion in 2011?

Our discovery of the website occurred because I have been planning a Canadian Rockies tour for about 6 weeks beginning in Calgary in late August, returning to Ontario through the northern west and central US. After visiting Glacier/Waterton National Parks, we thought we might visit Fort William Henry Harrison and Helena. My search of the area led to the FSSF website. I have booked a B&B in Helena for September 30, 2010.

Can you suggest places to see in the Helena area for the likes of us, FSSF family.

Best wishes,
Murray Shepherd

mcshephe

Back to top Go down

New member of FSSF Association Empty Force tour

Post  johnhart@telus.net Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:05 pm

Hi Murray, I believe we talked before, I was involved in organizing the last Italy Tour, we are planning one for Sept. 2011
Ciao, John

johnhart@telus.net

Back to top Go down

New member of FSSF Association Empty FSSF 2011 Italy Tour

Post  mcshephe Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:46 pm

Count us in.

Murray Shepherd, Son of Gordon R Shepherd, Fc Hq Det

mcshephe

Back to top Go down

New member of FSSF Association Empty Re: New member of FSSF Association

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content