First Special Service Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009

Go down

Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 Empty Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009

Post  jumpwings Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:18 am

The following is a few photos of who was there, and their comments...I didn't get everyone as I ran out of time, and a lot of folk where packing up when I finally got a chance to go round:

Some of the guys at Kompanie 1, nice neighbours, friendly and make a good log fire:
"Nice little show"..
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 KP1

Panzer Lehr...This photo does not show the extent of this great display, it does though, show how busy they where with the amount of public passing through, sorry didn't I get a better shot, you guys had packed up when I came back:
"Good weekend"..
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 Panzerlehr

Resident group Der Fuhrer who manned the gate when I came to take photos there where too many public, and when I finally got into position to chance a photo, they had finished (and Elmara needed to go Surprised ... Sad I was gonna come back for their comments, but by the time I had went round everyone (I could) getting caught chatting etc, they had packed up and gone...This photo just doesn't do them justice, sorry..
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 S2300010-2

Next up is the 4th Marine Div, a nice bunch of guys, a very relaxed well researched and happy unit... Nice coke can - DOH Exclamation Exclamation Their gettin ribbed for that next time I see ye, hang on, I took the photo Wink Very Happy Laughing ...
"Perfect show to start the season, very relaxed, easy going"...
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 4thmardiv

Dog Company, these guys do airsoft and this was their first tentative expansion into living history/re-enacting, and they look ok, though I am sure us stitch nazis will poke some holes Wink Very Happy:
"We're an airsoft group and this is our first living history event, great show, great introduction"...
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 DogCompany

British Airborne Society, don't really knows these guys, but briefly speaking to them I found them to very relaxed, helpfull and easy to talk to:
" Good weekend"...
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 BritAirborneSociety

This is the WWII Cypris Regiment Re-Enactors Group, this units artifact display, information boards and knowledge is sadly missed from this photo...
A very good weekend, good feedback and lot's of interest and the p[ublic learnt a lot about a very little known unit, we would like to thank the help BFE next door gave us"... Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 Cyprus

Next up is Battle For Europe, here's two pictures which doesn't do Terry and Alan's collection the justice it deserves, as well as the extensive knowledge they offer:
"Brilliant weekend, battle was well planned, well orginised event and good groups"...Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 BattleForEurope
Close up of the stitch nazis Jock and Terry going over the SOE stuff (talk to me about rations, I don't know this old stuff Surprised )
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 BattleForEurope2

D Day Dodgers chaps Lawrence and Scrim, hopefully we'll be doing more at the open days guys, and my ambulance is at their service (unless Jake has some business for his ladies Surprised )...
"Nice little do, good to see other people who do the MTO"...
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 DdayDodgers
Scrims medic display "Just some of my stuff"...
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 DDayDodgers1

185 Brigade (hope I have it right Wink ), actually, now I think about it, I am sure I saw these guys sneaking around some Germans down the woods...
"Very good, nice relaxed friendly atmosphere"..
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 185Brigade

We now have the museum, manned by our USAAF chaps:
"Pretty dam good, better than last year - steady, lots of people who drove by, seen the signs and dropped by who didn't know it was on, they seemdd to really enjoy their visit"...You gonna draw that pistol Very Happy
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 Museum

Utility Jude, a "working educational interactive display" this fiesty young lady puts on a great display with working demonstrations all day, I am only sad I didn't get the chance to see her in action:
"I've enjoyed the weekend, was slow yesterday, but today was really busy"...
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 UtilityJude

Not part of any display, but visiting the site as 101st, these chaps from the A Company 29th Div will be coming down again on the open days for sure:
"This is a good event, we didn't really know about it, will definately do again as it has so much potential"...
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 AComp29th

U-Boat Society, sorry I didn't get any photos of this units brilliant display as when I managed to come by they had nearly finished packing up, but I did get three of their guys still in kit, asked to comment :
"BLINDING"...
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 UBoatSociety

The real Roy and that repribate Jack, Jake, Jick or something like that Wink Laughing STAHLKRIEGER:
"As always, FUN"...
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 Stahlkrieger

And lastly, Paul Costin and his guys for coming down to sample the FSSF palate,I hope we will do some work again soon, and he lives just round the corner from me!
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 3rdDiv1
For some reason this is the only shot I have of Paul from the front:
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 Start4

To those I have missed out, I am truly sorry, I just ran out of time and a lot of them had packed up by the time I done the rounds, I would love to have gotten photos of the working schoolroom with "Miss Young" from the BBC show "Cast Of The Manor House" at work (my daughter had a lesson Wink Smile ) Miss Young looked absolutely fabulous...
The 1940's classroom:
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 S2300001-1
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 S2300002-1
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 S2300008-4
Teachers office:
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 S2300012-2

It was a really busy weekend, fun filled as usual, and a very relaxed start to the year for many...And I got a slight case of a tan Wink Smile

Oh, and nearly forgot, our display, I think at one time Chris had 40 odd people in the Gusville Saloon giving his presentation, then as he thought it was over when they left, there where another 30 odd waiting at the door!:
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 Start
Looks like Jake was still marking up his newly "aquired" transport (here's my ambulance which has just been resprayed):
Bushy Event 4th-5th April 2009 Stencil
Windows?..."It was a hot day"..."

jumpwings

http://www.freewebs.com/fssf-uk

Back to top Go down