First Special Service Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Italian Friends of the FSSF

5 posters

Go down

Italian Friends of the FSSF Empty Italian Friends of the FSSF

Post  MHGoodwin Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:20 pm

Hey everyone,

It was suggested that a forum be set up for our Italian friends and also a place to put anything about visits overseas. So please feel free to post here if you have something to share or talk about.
MHGoodwin
MHGoodwin
Admin

http://www.firstspecialserviceforce.net

Back to top Go down

Italian Friends of the FSSF Empty Italy Trip 2009

Post  robschober Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:37 pm

John Hart is sending out emails about a trip back to Italy for Sept 2009.

robschober

Back to top Go down

Italian Friends of the FSSF Empty Re: Italian Friends of the FSSF

Post  MHGoodwin Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:25 pm

I hope I get to go!!!
MHGoodwin
MHGoodwin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Italian Friends of the FSSF Empty Italian trip 2009

Post  Kara Underwood Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:50 am

I just found this site while searching for info on the force and the Italian Campaign. I would love any info about a trip to Italy in 2009. I currently live in Naples, Italy, my husband (Active U.S. Army) is stationed here with NATO until 2010. I may be able to help with logistics. My grandfather, Dave Woon was part of the force.

Kara Underwood

Back to top Go down

Italian Friends of the FSSF Empty Italy trip 2009

Post  robschober Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:37 am

Kara,

For info about the trip, contact John Hart: johnhart@telus.net

Bob S

robschober

Back to top Go down

Post  MHGoodwin Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:43 am

Hey Kara,

Your dad isn't by chance Bill Woon is he?
MHGoodwin
MHGoodwin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Italian Friends of the FSSF Empty Bill Woon is my Uncle

Post  Kara Underwood Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:08 am

Hi Eric

Bill is my uncle. My mom Davee, is the oldest of the Woon kids, born during the war and named after Papa. Smile We just moved here from Spokane in June, miss WA and MT but not the snow and cold. I am planning to go to Monte Ladifensa soon, it is only a few hours from where I live. I am still learning a lot about the force and what they did here in Italy. Any suggestions or input from those who have followed the "footsteps" of the force here in Italy is welcomed.

Take Care,
Kara

Kara Underwood

Back to top Go down

Italian Friends of the FSSF Empty La Difensa

Post  robschober Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:12 am

Kara,

If you plan to go to La Difensa, here are some people and places you should contact:

Gianni Blasi - gianniblasi@libero.it - Gianni was our tour guide for our trip and did much of the planning etc. He is a great guy and is super knowledgeable about the Force, where they were, etc. He knows where all the monuments are.

Angelo Andreoli <historicus@alice.it>, Angelo was our guide up La Difensa. He can show you the easiest way to go which is from the village of Camino. Angelo and his family have a restaurant which they fed us wonderful lunches at several times during our trip. They live at the footstep of La Difensa and he has a huge collection of artifacts. However, his English is limited.

Allessandro Campagna <allessandrocampagna@libero.it>, & Luciano Bucci <Winterline.venafro@gmail.com>, - These fine young gentlemen have a wonderful museum in Venafro, The Winterline museum - it is not to be missed. Wonderful guys and their English is excellent. They can also show you around and are huge Force enthusiasts.

There is also an excellent museum near Anzio which Gianni took us to. It's called Piana delle Orme. There are wonderful full scale diorama exhibits there and hundreds of vehicles. http://www.pianadelleorme.it/

Bob

robschober

Back to top Go down

Post  racanichou Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:43 pm

I jsut want to add on Angello a bit.

When we went in May 08, angello was a god sent to us. He was such a great host. (BTW, he is turning his collection into a Museum now. Paul has some photo I think as my camera battery died before I got to take some pic)

racanichou

Back to top Go down

Italian Friends of the FSSF Empty search for family

Post  old searcher Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:45 pm

Kara;

My name is Jim Bailey, my brother Sgt C.T. Bailey, was a member of the
Force (6-1) and was KIA December 25, 1943 on Mt Samucro. I had written an assay
On Clay and a Friend he served with and, in the process of my research found another story of a young Italian soldier who had been a prisoner of war, held at an army depot near my home town. The soldiers name was; Vincenzo Pellino and was from: Frattamaggiore. Vincenzo took his own life in 1944 and it is there, my knowledge of this young man ended. It would be a great pleasure to find, what ever is left of his family, there in Italy, and let them know he was not entirely lost to history.
If you could help me in any way, since you are on the ground there, it would be Welcomed.

Respectfully;
Jim Bailey

For questions and response;

My ’E’ address: cnjbailey@frontiernet.net

old searcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down