First Special Service Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FSSF sleeve insignia

4 posters

Go down

FSSF sleeve insignia Empty FSSF sleeve insignia

Post  jumpwings Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:31 pm

Have a guess:
FSSF sleeve insignia Spearheads-1

jumpwings

http://www.freewebs.com/fssf-uk

Back to top Go down

FSSF sleeve insignia Empty Re: FSSF sleeve insignia

Post  DR308 Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:09 pm

Fine Examples of the patch. Seen many that are just rags now, and still they are worth a bundle!
I think the best one I ever saw was on display at a gun show in Spokane WA. It was all red and white beads with a buckskin backing. The guy said it belonged to a native in the force. Don't know if he was US or Canadian native. It was beautiful, and of course, NOT for sale. Any Forcemen remember that patch?------------------G. Dufresne

DR308

Back to top Go down

Post  Pat E. Schneider Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:27 am

DR308 wrote:Fine Examples of the patch. Seen many that are just rags now, and still they are worth a bundle!
I think the best one I ever saw was on display at a gun show in Spokane WA. It was all red and white beads with a buckskin backing. The guy said it belonged to a native in the force. Don't know if he was US or Canadian native. It was beautiful, and of course, NOT for sale. Any Forcemen remember that patch?------------------G. Dufresne

This may be a shot in the dark, but my uncle Charles E. Schneider (2-1) had a friend from the force that he called “Wolf” From the family stories that I have heard Wolf was an Indian. We live about 50 miles from Spokane. I hope that this helps

Pat E. Schneider

Back to top Go down

FSSF sleeve insignia Empty Tommy Prince

Post  photomat Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:45 pm

Perhaps it was Tommy Prince. First Nations man from Canada. Most decorated First Nations man ever.
Google him, a great story of a Forceman. He was in Mark Radcliffe"s Company. Mark lives in Helena. Mans the Museum (at Fort Harrison) when able, on Thursdays. You can google Col. Mark Radcliffe and read some about him.

Google Tommy Prince. What a guy!

He talked very kindly of Tommy Prince. Tommy may have been the only Indian, (First Nation) person in the Force.

best of luck,
matt b

photomat

Back to top Go down

Post  DR308 Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:21 pm

Thank you Pat and Matt: I will be looking that up ASAP. I finally got those pics of my fathers sent to Eric. I hope they got through. Nothing in the way of Force pic's----but all from behind the front lines in support. I really hope it has some memory jogging ability, but after this long----who can say? -------------Gerald A. Dufresne

DR308

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down