First Special Service Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Father was a Sgt in the FSSF

2 posters

Go down

My Father was a Sgt in the FSSF Empty My Father was a Sgt in the FSSF

Post  Brett Rice Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:56 pm

My Father was H.U Rice. Actually it should have been H.V. Rice. My son is going to visit Helena later this month with his girlfriend Susan Sinclair. Brad was only 2 1/2 years old when Dad died of cancer on Easter Sunday 1978. The cancer was a result of complications from parachuting into Italy. Dad took my wife and I on a tour of Helna in 1972 showing where a lot of the training took place. As a kid I can remember Dad showing my brother and I some of the things he had trained for and some of the stories, especially the night manouvers where stickers were left behind. I hope my son and his girlfriend will learn a lot of the history this summer and carry on the tradition. I would be interested if anyone remembers Vic Rice of Norton, NB.

Brett Rice

Back to top Go down

My Father was a Sgt in the FSSF Empty Re: My Father was a Sgt in the FSSF

Post  Brad Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:00 pm

Dad, I had an amazing time in Montana, and especially in and around Helena. I have always been very proud of Grandpa, even without knowing him. Susan did a great job of planning out this trip, and I will forever be grateful.

The gentleman at the museum at Ft. Harrison was great, and I appreciate him and others that keep the museum open so decendents of FSSF members can appreciate the amazing legacy these men have left.
Brad
Brad

Back to top Go down

My Father was a Sgt in the FSSF Empty Got to meet William "Sam" Magee today

Post  Brad Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:18 pm

Well, I had the great honor to meet William "Sam" Magee (6-3) today, as he has been in Edmonton & area visiting. What an amazing story teller, and character. I am thankful I had a digital voice recorder, so much information and history. Thank you "Sam" for giving us your time to share today. I also got to meet Jonathon (Racanichou) today, which was an added bonus. Jonathon is not only passionate about the force, but is in the Canadian Armed Forces as well, for which I am proud to have been able to meet you face to face and shake your hand.

Thank you "Sam", and Jonathon.
Brad
Brad

Back to top Go down

My Father was a Sgt in the FSSF Empty Re: My Father was a Sgt in the FSSF

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down