First Special Service Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revisiting; Nephew of Cpl. Allan E. Wood FSSF; looking for anybody who knew him.

Go down

Revisiting; Nephew of Cpl. Allan E. Wood FSSF; looking for anybody who knew him. Empty Revisiting; Nephew of Cpl. Allan E. Wood FSSF; looking for anybody who knew him.

Post  D. Lassey Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:03 pm

My uncle Allan E. Wood, joined the Canadian forces when he was 15 and was given the choice, when found underage upon arriving England, of either returning home or going back to N. America (actually to Helena) to join a "special force". He opted for the latter and I consider myself fortunate to have had many talks with him in my teens. I would like to know more about his involvements in the FSSF and would appreciate any assistance offered. He was a Corporal in 1944 when he was home on leave. He, along with others still in the force in 1944 was transferred to the Canadian Airborne which he was attached to at the end of WW11. He mustered out at the end of the war, returning to Canada. Had 12 jobs in 12 months then reenlisted. Served in the PPCLI as an Instructor (Currie) for Korean-bound troops and (Griesbach) was a Staff Sgt. and retired after my Aunt died.
Moved to Victoria, BC, serving on the Canadian Weather Ship Vancouver until he retired after an accident at sea.
Any information regarding his war-time experience appreciated.

D. Lassey

Back to top Go down