First Special Service Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello. I'm the nephew of Capt. M. A. Cotton who DOW 26 Dec 1943 2 Bn-1

2 posters

Go down

Hello. I'm the nephew of Capt. M. A. Cotton who DOW 26 Dec 1943  2 Bn-1 Empty Hello. I'm the nephew of Capt. M. A. Cotton who DOW 26 Dec 1943 2 Bn-1

Post  Major (Ret'd) Tam London Wed May 26, 2010 1:47 pm

Several years ago I met several Force members in Helena who knew him. Does anyone have any photos of him or any other information? I last saw him at Christmas 1942 in Victoria BC when he was on a furlough. I was 6 years old at the time.

Thanking you in advance.

Tam London

Major (Ret'd) Tam London

Back to top Go down

Hello. I'm the nephew of Capt. M. A. Cotton who DOW 26 Dec 1943  2 Bn-1 Empty Captain Cotton

Post  johnhart@telus.net Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:01 pm

Dear Tam: I am familiar with Captain Cotton, only because I have organized two tours back to Italy in particular the Liri Valley.
We did one in 2008 and we just finished up a 10 day tour this June.
When we were there this June, one of the things we did was put up a memorial on Hill #720 in honor of the 62 men killed there in Dec, Jan 43/44 Of course your Uncle was on that memorial, I did the research on this memorial. The plaque is beautiful and also there is a tube behind the plaque with the names of the fallen Forcemen inside. There is also a framed original copy of the list of men in the Winterline museum in Venafro.
As far as a picture goes, there is a chance that you can get one in Helena Montana at the FSSF reunion from Aug 11-14 as Gerry Shaw who has all the pictures of the Force members will be there with the pictures. If you cannot make it and you could supply me with an early likeness I would be happy to track it down. You can reply to me any time and I would be happy to discuss any Force issues with you .
John Hart

johnhart@telus.net

Back to top Go down