First Special Service Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gordon R Shepherd

2 posters

Go down

Gordon R Shepherd Empty Gordon R Shepherd

Post  mcshephe Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:59 pm

I have just discovered this Website and I am grateful, altough I could wish for a little more activity.

My father was Gordon R Shepherd, Fc Hq Det, FSSF, from Saskatoon Saskatchewan (so am I from Sakatoon, although I lived in Ontario for 40 years). He survived the war but did not come back to our home, consequently although we met once, I did not know him nor hear any stories.

I have read most of the books in the bibliography. I am happy to make recommendations and/or discuss these books.

I was pleased to hear of the reunion in Helena and will attempt to rearrange our travel plans to be there. Where and when is the next?

I am sorry that we did not know about the Italy tour sooner; we most definitely would have joined. When is the next one?

Our discovery of the website occured because I have been planning a Canadian rockies tour for about 6 weeks beginning in Calgary in late August, returning to Ontario through the northern west and central US. After visiting Glacier/Waterton National Parks, we thought we might visit Fort William Henry Harrison and Helena. My search led to this website. I have booked a B&B in Helena for September 30, 2010.

I need some help with the sites in the area for the likes of us, FSSF family.

mcshephe

Back to top Go down

Gordon R Shepherd Empty Re: Gordon R Shepherd

Post  photomat Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:53 pm

My uncle, Capt. G.N. McCall was Fc Hq Det, FSSF also. He was an aide and body guard to the General.
My uncle passed away in 1988.

I plan to attend the reunion in Helena. I am from there, and it will be a trip home for us. Please
email me and I'll give you information about Helena, the Force and some of the guys that still live
in Helena.

matt brown
matt@photomattbrown.com

photomat

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum