First Special Service Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grandaughter of Robert S. Carroll (2-3) looking for correspondence

2 posters

Go down

Grandaughter of Robert S. Carroll (2-3) looking for correspondence Empty Grandaughter of Robert S. Carroll (2-3) looking for correspondence

Post  Carroll Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:02 pm

Hello,

As you might of guessed from my post title, I'm the granddaughter of Robert S. Carroll who served in the 2nd Co, 3rd regiment. My grandfather died before I was born. As a result, I'm without the many stories my grandfather might have told had he lived to an old age. I have many unanswered questions about his experiences and I'm looking for a kind of surrogate.

A few years ago I stumbled upon a scrapbook my grandmother made during WWII. The scrapbook contains several letters between my grandparents, mementos, newspaper articles, and many other odds and ends (a piece of Vermont birch bark, for instance). Since my discovery of the scrapbook, I've been fascinated with the lives of my grandparents (so much so that I'm writing my graduate thesis on the FSSF). I've been doing a lot of research on the force but reading alone doesn't satisfy nor does it answer my questions. I would love, if anyone knows such a person, to speak with someone who served in the 2-3. Actually, I would love to speak with anyone who would be willing to correspond. Or are there others, like me,who have been researching and would like to strike up a conversation?

Sincerely,

Annie P.
p2ann@aol.com
p.s. I live in the bay area.

Carroll

Back to top Go down

Grandaughter of Robert S. Carroll (2-3) looking for correspondence Empty Grandaughter of Robert S. Carroll (2-3) looking for correspondence

Post  photomat Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:37 pm

Annie,

I sent an email to you, not in the forum. I have some thoughts on your connecting with some in
Helena.

The Forcemen are now around 90 years old, and so few are able to communicate.
There were 3 in Helena, and a number in the Vancouver B.C. area. But I was last in Helena two years ago and I have not heard of them for a year. The museum is (was) open on Thursday from about 10:00 AM to after lunch.

If you like, email me direct.
matt@photomattbrown.com

my best,
matt b

photomat

Back to top Go down