First Special Service Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few items from Port Cros island in Southern france

2 posters

Go down

Few items from Port Cros island in Southern france Empty Few items from Port Cros island in Southern france

Post  gingerbread Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:57 am

Very Happy

Hi

Here few items that i found on the Port Cros island:

Few items from Port Cros island in Southern france Dscf0071zb3

A FSSF paddle found in a Port Cros house. Behind, you can see the Port Cros Force plaque.

Few items from Port Cros island in Southern france Dscf0075fu8
It's a typical US Navy paddle lost on the Port Cros island by the 1st regiment forcemen during the 08/15/1944 assault

Few items from Port Cros island in Southern france Dscf0082uu0
An helmet relic from Port Cros

Few items from Port Cros island in Southern france Dscf0066vh3
The Port Cros force plaque.

About my work on the battle of Port Cros, please help me. look at my other post:

https://fssf.forumotion.net/looking-for-someone-f4/1st-regiment-and-the-battle-of-port-cros-08-15-1944-t20.htm

Regards
Ben
gingerbread
gingerbread

Back to top Go down

Few items from Port Cros island in Southern france Empty Re: Few items from Port Cros island in Southern france

Post  TFDagger Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Very nice pictures of your visit to the island do you plan on going there next year?
Regards,
John
TFDagger
TFDagger

Back to top Go down

Few items from Port Cros island in Southern france Empty Re: Few items from Port Cros island in Southern france

Post  gingerbread Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:32 pm

Very Happy

Yessss, i will be there to organize the june 7th visit for the 70th anniversary.

Regards
Ben
gingerbread
gingerbread

Back to top Go down

Few items from Port Cros island in Southern france Empty 7 June 2014 Port Cros island in Southern France

Post  TFDagger Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Ben,
Can you give us some details about what you are planning? What are your recommendations for those of us coming from the states?
Thanks
John
TFDagger
TFDagger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down